In the sleepy, little, desert town of Jaisalmer; every other structure looks almost like a replica of the other. At first glance, one might be baffled to find the destination. As my host smoothly drives me through the lanes effortlessly, I try and recall my last visit to the town. Before I could do that, there it is “The Ozaki Jaisalmer”.
With the unique combination of a modern name and traditional sandstone walls adorned with architectural grandeur, this place welcomes you with open hearts. Whether you are a backpacker, solo traveler, out with friends or family – go for it.
Standing tall to welcome – The Ozaki Jaisalmer
At a place where most names boast of the cultural heritage the town is synonymous with, The Ozaki Jaisalmer stands out uniquely. Honesty, it’s the name which built my curiosity around this place. Apparently, “Ozaki” is a Japanese word and inspires generosity, cheerfulness and persuasion – the best description to fit the bill. This is what exactly “The Ozaki Jaisalmer” stands for.
Welcome to The Ozaki Jaisalmer and experience the Thar culture at it’s best!
All the brightness around reception area always buzzing with energy and laughter
A mere 15 minute distance from the Jaisalmer railway station, The Ozaki Jaisalmer couldn’t have been at a more suitable location. Even the airport is easily accessible and lies in close proximity to the property. The major tourist attractions in the town (like Jaisalmer Fort, Patwon Ki Haveli, Salim Singh Ki Haveli, Gadisar Lake) are at a mere walking distance from The Ozaki Jaisalmer. See Jaisalmer – Heart of Nomadic Rajasthan for details on major tourist attractions of Jaisalmer.
Where Budget meets Luxury
Why choose this property? Be it backpacking, budget or luxury – modern travel is all about an experience. A modern traveler looks for comfort and facilities at an affordable price – one that’s easy on the pockets, yet not compromising on the quality of services. The Ozaki Jaisalmer is your best bet and would be a perfect choice as they cater to everyone – a backpacker or a luxury seeker. The hotel promises an atmosphere embedded with luxury hotel’s facilities of a modern setup for guests at reasonable prices making it one of the most affordable budget hotels in Jaisalmer.
Amenities and Room Types
Facilitated and well equipped with all modern amenities in the rooms, this is the perfect getaway for a modern traveler. There are bright little corners everywhere, a nice roof-top restaurant. You may choose one that suits you from the available choices.
- STANDARD ROOMS are ideal for budget travelers. Fully furnished with free Wi-Fi and television; these rooms are spacious enough to accommodate 3 adults and a child.
- DELUXE ROOMS are decorated with beautiful paintings. Featuring free Wi-Fi, television and air-conditioner, these rooms ensure a delightful experience. They are spacious enough to accommodate 3 adults and a child.
- FAMILY ROOMS are decorated with beautiful paintings and decked out with all the modern amenities. Featuring free Wi-Fi, television and air-conditioner, the rooms ensure a delightful experience. Larger in size and capacity; these can accommodate more than 4 members.
- DORMITORY is for backpackers with a capacity to accommodate 6 people. It would be an ideal choice for solo travelers who want to share and interact with others.
The Ozaki Cafe
The Ozaki Jaisalmer comes with an in-house restaurant which is a major highlight of the property. Sprawled over the roof top; it serves the dual purpose for a fine dining experience and a hangout area. A multi-cuisine restaurant; they serve scrumptious Chinese, Continental Indian and Italian specialties. Relax, enjoy a cup of coffee and share your stories with fellow travelers. This is where all the fun beholds. What all you can do – Enjoy a 24*7 fort view, read a book, lie around, bond with others and sleep under the stars on the roof. If nothing appeals, enjoy your solitude with some Yoga and meditation.
Most packages include a free breakfast with your stay and ensure you enjoy a healthy one before setting out for the day. Apart from it, choose from the variety of dishes the Ozaki menu offers including some delicious Rajasthani cuisines under “Ozaki Specials”.
Rooftop cafe and the magnificent fort view
Desert Safari – Camps and Packages
Located next to the grand Thar Desert, your Jaisalmer itinerary remains incomplete without the desert safari. Around 40 kms from the city, the campsite lies at a peaceful, non-touristy location.
The camp accommodation includes Luxury stay and you may chose from either – Luxury Tent, Luxury Cottage or Luxury Suites. Each of these come with their own set of facilities. The desert camp also organizes a plethora of activities throughout like Camel safari, Jeep safari, Dune Bashing, Quad Biking, Cultural evening, Bonfire and dinner on the dunes. See details on Ozaki Desert Camp.
Luxury accommodation at the campsite
A beautiful cultural evening in the campsite
The Ozaki Jaisalmer brings specially curated, personalized Desert packages. Details on Desert Safari Packages.
- Ozaki Sunset Tours – Enjoy a beautiful sunset at the dunes
- A Cultural Evening in Thar Desert – Rajasthani cultural program with Dance and music
- Ozaki Special overnight Safari with A Night under the stars – Camel safari, Sunset tour, Bonfire, Sleeping arrangement under the stars, Sunrise
- Unforgettable Night under the Dunes – Camel safari, Sunset tour, Cultural program
- Cultural Evening with a Night under the stars – Camel safari, Sunset tour, Bonfire, Cultural program, Sunrise
- Two Nights Jaisalmer Combo package – Camel safari, Sunset tour, Cultural program, Bonfire, Jeep safari, Dune bashing
Spreading harmony with celebration of life
The Ozaki Jaisalmer is a perfect example of balancing the best of both worlds – value your traditions and keeping pace with the modern world.
Let your stay in Jaisalmer be an experience of lifetime 🙂
**Images used in the article are courtesy Mr. Khan Fakira, Owner, The Ozaki Jaisalmer and some personal clicks.